POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know you've been tracing too long when... : Re: You know you've been tracing too long when... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:15:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know you've been tracing too long when...
From: Invisible
Date: 18 Mar 2008 08:47:56
Message: <47dfc80c$1@news.povray.org>
> You should have realised by now that whenever you think that a technology 1)
> is impossible 2) doesn't exist or 3) isn't used by anyone, you're just being
> 10-year late ;)

Oh, I'm sure high resolution scanners exist. I've just never seen any on
sale. Apparently I shop at a place that only sells ancient technology...

> The interpolation mode is mostly there to inflate numbers, AFAIK.

Yeah, exactly. I guess most people don't understand what "interpolation"
actually means. :-P

>> My point being, anybody who can afford something like that is unlikely to
>> try to email it to somebody. ;-)
>
> As I said, a 4800*9600 scanner is rather cheap nowadays.

Hmm. That's kind of worrying them. Broadband technology is nowhere close
to keeping up with that kind of file size...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/